An Immense Prequel.

February 10, 2010

The Irony

If I held your heart in my hands.


If I cupped your innocence in my very palms.


If my eyes bore witness to your every desire.
And my fingers grazed over your tender courage.



That, would be a dilemma.




Standing there.


Grasping your pulse.




I would laugh.


I would raucously exhale every tear shed on your behalf.


My gut would spasm in mirth with every beat of my prize.




Alas.


I win.


I win and you lose.


You fail.


You are humble and defeated and I will decide our fate.




The horrors I could render.




But I won’t.


As justified as I would be and as deserving as you are.
I won’t.


If I held your heart in my hands,


I would give it back.

6 comments:

  1. To every girl who broke my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is truly a BEAUTIFUL way of putting it. I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i basically teared up readin this

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! very poetic...love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This definitetly serves as an anthem to anyone who was more than gracious enough to let the "ignorance" they once cared for off with not so much as a small splinter of pain and anguish as was bestowed upon them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastor Ron SwingleFeb 11, 2010, 2:10:00 PM

    How can we know you will keep your word kid? =-]

    ReplyDelete